Before 5s Program
Parents: It’s important to read aloud to your children of all ages….
• Reading aloud presents books as sources of pleasant, valuable, and exciting experiences. Your children will value books, and think of your reading to them as a love for them. They will then also learn to love books and learn to read earlier on their own.
• Reading aloud gives your child more of a sense of what they see, hear, and read. The more you read aloud to their children, the larger their vocabularies will grow and the more they will know about the world and their place in it.
• Reading aloud lets you be role models for reading. When your child sees you excited about reading, they will catch your enthusiasm.
• Reading aloud can introduce books and types of literature—poetry, short stories, biographies— children might not discover on their own.
• Reading aloud introduces the language of books, which will be used throughout their lives.
• Reading aloud lets your child use their imaginations to explore people, places, times, and events beyond their own experiences.
• Reading aloud gives your children and you something to talk about.
• Reading aloud supports the development of thinking skills as you and your child discuss books.
• Reading aloud is fun.
Before 5s Circulation Policy
Bags may be kept two weeks and may be renewed for two weeks.
Members can only take out 1 bag of 10 (ten) at a time unless you get permission from the library director to take out more.
All damage to books, or bags beyond reasonable wear, and all losses shall be made good to the satisfaction of the librarian.
Each borrower is held responsible for all materials checked out under his/her name and for all fines accruing on the same.
BAGS MAY NOT BE PUT IN THE BOOK RETURN. THERE WILL BE A $3.00 FEE ON EACH BAG THAT IS PLACED THERE.
If the bag and all the books inside are lost, the replacement cost will be $33.00. If a book is ruined, or lost it will either cost $3.00, or the patron may replace it with a comparable book. Bag replacement costs are $3.00.